Automotive Relays are comprised of magnetic circuit systems, contact systems, and recovery mechanisms. The magnetic circuit system consists of iron core, yoke, armature, coil and other parts. The contact system consists of static reed, moving reed, contact base and other parts. The restoration mechanism is composed of a restoration spring or a tension spring.
1. Installation direction If the installation direction is consistent with the direction of the relay's impact resistance, the performance of the relay can be fully exerted. It is recommended that the impact direction be perpendicular to the movement direction of the contacts and the armature, which can effectively improve the vibration and shock resistance performance of the normally closed contact in the non-excitation state. When installing, make the relay's contact axis parallel to the ground, which can prevent contact splash and carbon from falling on the contact surface and improve contact reliability. Multiple groups of relays should avoid small load contacts under large load contacts.
2. Short-distance installation When multiple relays are installed at a short distance, it will cause abnormal heat generation. A 2mm pitch is generally recommended. Installing a polar or magnetic latching relay at a short distance will affect the operating voltage.
3. The relay is installed in the shell. You cannot remove the shell and install it first. In order to prevent loosening, damage and deformation, please use spring washers. The tightening torque should be within the range of 0.5 to 70 N · m.
4. The insertion strength of the plug-in relay is recommended to be 40 ~ 70N.
5. Products that meet the same load requirements have different external dimensions. Depending on the allowed installation space, products with low height or small installation area can be selected.
6. The installation methods of automotive relays include PCB board type, ISO socket installation type, ISO 280 socket installation type, and shell fixed and card installation methods. For the small size and infrequently replaced relays, the PCB board type is generally used. For the frequently replaced relays, the socket installation method is used. For relays with a main circuit current of more than 20A, a socket quick connection type is generally selected to prevent large currents from passing through the circuit board and causing thermal damage to the circuit board (except short-term working relays). For large-volume relays, you can use the housing mounting type to prevent damage to the mounting feet under shock and vibration conditions.
As an Automotive Relays Factory, when the coil fails, there are some methods to share with you.
There are many types of coils used in relays, with or without outsourcing. The coils should be placed separately in a dedicated device in a separate piece. If they are connected by collision, they will cause disconnection when they are separated. When the electromagnetic system is riveted, the pressure adjustment of the hand press and the press should be moderate. Too much pressure will cause the coil to break or the coil frame to crack, deform, and break down the winding. Too little pressure will cause loose winding and increase magnetic loss. Multi-winding coils are usually made with different color leads. When welding, pay attention to distinguish, otherwise it will cause coil welding error. The coils with the beginning and end requirements are generally used to mark the beginning and end. Attention should be paid during assembly and welding, otherwise the relay level will be reversed. Our company also has Telecom Relay for sale, welcome to consult.